The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan, multi issue political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The All IN For Democracy Coalition establishes the Indiana Citizens Redistricting Commission (ICRC). The ICRC will hold a series of public hearings around the state to take input on what criteria the public wants used in drawing of new Congressional and state legislative maps. Join this important conversation at the virtual public hearings to discuss how new maps for Congress and the Indiana legislature should be drawn. Redistricting will impact federal and state elections for a decade – it is extremely important that Hoosiers from all over the state are a part of this conversation.
Register for the public hearings in advance by clicking on the red district.
|February 24||7 – 9 p.m.||Congressional District 7|
|March 3||7 – 9 p.m.||Congressional District 5|
|March 6||2 – 4 p.m. Central Time||Congressional District 1|
|March 10||7 – 9 p.m.||Congressional District 9|
|March 13||3 – 5 p.m.||Congressional District 3|
|March 16||7 – 9 p.m.||Congressional District 6|
|March 18||6 – 8 p.m. Central Time||Congressional District 8|
|March 23||7 – 9 p.m.||Congressional District 4|
|March 30||7 – 9 p.m.||Congressional District 2|
Members of the Indiana Citizens Redistricting are:
- Clara Glaspie of Indianapolis: Ms. Glaspie is a longtime Republican activist who was the first Black woman to participate in the Richard G. Lugar Excellence for Women Leadership series
- Leigh Morris of LaPorte: Mr. Morris is the former Mayor of LaPorte and retired as the CEO of the community hospital there.
- Marilyn Moran-Townsend of Fort Wayne: Ms. Moran-Townsend is the CEO of CVC Communication and a co-founder of AVOW, Advancing Voices of Women, a group to support and empower women as civic leaders.
- Missie Summers-Kempf of Portage: Ms. Summers-Kempf is active in a number of groups organized around racial justice and environmental issues in Northwest Indiana.
- Xavier Ramirez of Carmel: Mr. Ramirez is a student at Indiana University who works with the Civic Leader Learning Center as a student advisory board member.
- Ranjan Rohatgi of South Bend: Mr Rohatgi is Assistant Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science at Saint Mary’s College where he developed a class called “Mathematics of Voting.”
Neither Republican nor Democrat members:
- Christopher Brandon Harris of Hammond: Mr. Harris is a project manager for a commercial construction general contractor and participates in the Mitch Daniels Leadership Foundation.
- Sonia Leerkamp of Ninevah: Ms. Leerkamp is the former Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney who serves on the board of the Brown County League of Women Voters.
- Charles Taylor of Muncie: Mr. Taylor is a Professor of Political Science at Ball State University who has moderated numerous political forums and is committed to civic education
Covid-19 is still an issue that keeping League members from being out and about.
Join us for meetings!
Our next virtual business meeting will be on March 8th. If you wish to attend please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 260-740-7168 for more information.
Meetings, and membership, are open to all men and women.